Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What Condition My Condition Is In

Okay, so I’ve been waiting and waiting to get my very first royalty check from my publisher for Vampire Ascending.  Checking the mail box daily, by Friday when I didn’t get it in the mail, I wondered what was going on.

So, later, when I check my e-mails, I find I have a message from my publisher, Mr. Voss. Well, he tells me he has just sent it. He gave me the amount that I would be getting on the check. It was well over what I even hoped it would be–my limited knowledge of the royalty system, and trying to figure out the possible percentages from those who get discounts, I was way low. Happily I await the check, but disappointed Monday is a holiday and probably won’t get it until next Wednesday. I need print ink for my printer and several other things. *sigh*

I wrote in my personal journal that I will know when I’ve made it when I no longer have to live here, no longer have to drive a bus for a living, my husband can do whatever he wants, and we live off my royalties. Um, that’s a long ways off, unless I get discovered.

I’m ever hopeful.

I’m getting very excellent reviews or reports from people who have read my book. 3 reviews are up at Amazon. Two are 5-stars out of 5.

The manager of the Borders store where I had a book signing at in January read my book and told me right away, “I love your book! It is more real and more adult . . .”[than Twilight]

I’ve been getting that lately. One reviewer had said that he did not read vampire books–hated the “Twilight” series/movies. Yet when he read my book he was very enthusiastic, and became a fan, wanting to read the next instalment of my Sabrina Strong series.

Yesterday I finished up an interview with Tyler of Reader Views. They were one of the three who have reviewed my book, and had given it a 5-star rating. I’ll know when this interview is posted at some point, maybe as soon as next week. I’m ever hopeful that this gives me more exposure to readers–and hoping that an agent spots me. There is always that chance that an agent is lurking in the background, searching for something new and hot. HEY! OVER HERE!

And I saw a blurb about the Sookie Stackhouse series ending in a blog I follow. I have not checked on this, but I will. What a time for my books to fill a gap! One of my reviews (actually my editor) mentioned that if you like those books by Charlaine Harris, you will like Vampire Ascending.

So, as the full moon rose last night through the trees in my backyard, it reminded me of the little problem I have given my protagonist in the second novel Vampire’s Trill. It opens up with her having to address this, and other aspects of her changing life as a sibyl and a Were-creature. I like giving Sabrina various problems. I think it helps readers identify with someone who finds their job a pain to go to. Well, you would too if you had to work with vampires and a few of them were really really interested in you. And not just in your blood. (Did I mention that this series was more real and more adult?)

Well, gentle readers, should you want to investigate my book(s) and a more kept-up blog, please go to Lorelei’s Muse at http://loreleismuse-lorelei.blogspot.com

I have excerpt of the first chapter of next book, Vampire’s Trill, at my sister blog Lorelei’s Archives http://loreleisarchives.blogspot.com/2011/02/vampires-trill-first-full-chapter-long.html/  should you like to check that out.

And my book/Kindle version for Vampire Ascending can be found at Amazon.com

Also, should you like to visit the facebook page for my book, you can simply type in Vampire Ascending into the search window next time you are at facebook.

My G-mail is loreleibell4@gmail.com if anyone wishes to contact me.

 Well, that’s it for now. I hope to update sooner the next time. We are into Spring-like weather, with some winter trying to hang on, but my feeling is that it won’t hold on much longer.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment